Flaming Dr. Pepper, Boxers and Socks....

 Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hopefully you noticed that I haven’t been around these parts in awhile, if you didn’t notice then to hell with you. (I am so joking.) I know many of you have been thinking to yourself now where has she gone and when will she return? We took Taylor to the beach for the very first time last week! We had a fun filled couple of days at the beach with some very good friends and a wonderful Sissy to help us celebrate Taylor’s first outing to the beach.

Okay before I get a head of myself let me start at the beginning.
Last weekend Big Poppa and Lil Mama were in the Crescent City for his work and they invited us to come over, crash at their PHAT hotel room and partake in the fun that is Bourbon Street. How could we say no? So we drove across the lake and headed to our favorite spot THE GOLDMINE! [I know, I know, if we are practically locals why do we insist on hanging out around Bourbon? When I figure out the answer I’ll let you know!] Anywhoo….we got to the Goldmine and it was eerily quiet. All the shutters were closed so we walked up and talked to the bouncer who proceeded to basically tell us that a) we arrived VERY early, b) we were old as Mosses -therefore why we were there so early, and c) that you could actually feel the air conditioning -because no one else was there! Well, we paid our cover, got our hands stamped 2x’s and proceeded to the bar to order one of these.
Picture found here

A trip to the Goldmine would not be complete without a FLAMING DR. PEPPER!! Because we arrived so early we were able to sit at the bar and practically had our own bartender all night long!! She was new but we never had to beg a bartender for a drink or wave our money around to try and get service. (see, age does have some privileges!) We had LOTS of fun!!

Moving on, the reason for this entire post is to let you in on a funny little story that happened while in New Orleans. If you do not remember me telling you about my "sleep walking husband" then go read this, I'll wait...........


Caught up?

Good.

After many, many beers and cocktails we headed back to the room. I failed to mention that the room we had was a loft suite. Lil Mama and Big Poppa had the upstairs master bedroom and Hubby and I slept in the downstairs room. You must remember that they were upstairs and we were downstairs. We got to the room and scrounged around for change to hit up the vending machines. Nothing better than Chili Cheese Fritos and a Dr. Pepper to end a great night with great friends, I always say. We all go to sleep or pass out which ever you prefer. The next morning Hubby and I wake up and start to get ready to go and pick up Tay when he told me that he woke up in the hall. I was barely paying attention, thinking he woke up on the floor next to the bathroom (wouldn't have been the first time.)
He continued to tell me the story of how he woke up in the hall of the hotel outside the hotel room!!! WTF?! Apparently at some point during the wee hours of the morning Hubby decided to take a stroll around the hotel. Lil Mama said that she heard the door knob jangling and she figured we had decided to go back out and couldn't work the door. She said she kept hearing it so she figured we had forgotten our key. Then she heard banging on the door, so she threw on a robe to let us in and as she is coming down the stairs she sees me zonked out on the bed! Now she is really curious as the what the H is going on. She opens the door and there stood my Hubby in a pair of boxers and his socks!! "Thank God you answered the door I didn't know what my next step was gonna be" he said. Bwahahahahaha......he will never live this down.

Thanks for caring,
Kelly

Next stop the beach trip I promise. I have SO MANY pictures and it is taking FOREVER to download them to blogger! UGH!

3 comments:

LSU Melanie June 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

There's nothing like a good ol night at the goldmine...and the 80's music:)

Anonymous,  January 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  February 21, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP